Hodaka Days and AMA Vintage Motorcycle DaysFriday, June 16, 2006 | 1:35 PM
“Classic Club” recognition combines two of the year’s best events!
The American Motorcyclist Association's only vintage motorcycle event returns for its 13th annual appearance at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course over July 27-30. And this year there is an added bonus to the already awesome spectacle that is Vintage Days: Hodaka Days! That’s right, the yearly Hodaka-only event that is normally celebrated in Athena, Oregon, is coming to AMA Vintage Days for the first, last and only time ever! The AMA has recognized the huge following of Hodaka motorcycles and dubbed Hodaka the official “Classic Club” of VMD 2006.
As if a thousand vendors, AHRMA vintage trials, motocross and roadracing weren’t enough; get ready for a weekend full of chrome-tanked Super Rats, Dirt Squirts and Ace 100s, too!
Some of the Hodaka Days highlights include:
• Giant circus tent filled with all-things Hodaka – even the original employees of PABATCO!
• Legends on Hodakas: See Tommy Croft, Jim Pomeroy and Brad Lackey – all on Super Rats!
• Hodaka seminars in including: servicing your Hodaka with Roger Lippiatt; restoration tips with Lee Fabry; plastic and rubber molding (Preston Petty Products) with Bob Harmony; modifying your Hodaka for trials with Jay Lael and Ed Chesnut; Peter Starr’s movie insights; and a Q&A session with the original Hodaka employees!
• Bike show – bring your best Hodaka!
• Hodaka-only parade (any and all Hodakas welcome!)
• Hodaka-only AHRMA vintage MX and trials
• Special “Hodakaville” camping!
• Make-A-Wish Hodaka 175 SL raffle!
Also, meet the staff of VMX Magazine all the way from Australia and under the Hodaka big top!
For more information on participating in any of the Hodaka Days events during AMA Vintage Days at Mid Ohio, or to get involved with Hodaka Days 2006 specifically, please see the official Hodaka Days website at www.strictlyhodaka.com
For tickets, call 1-800-MID-OHIO or log onto www.MIDOHIO.com
For AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days information, call 1-800-AMA-JOIN (800-262-5646) or www.AMADirectlink.com.