Motocross Comes to Carlisle Summer Bike FestWednesday, April 12, 2006 | 11:22 AM
- SHOW OVERVIEW – The 2006 Carlisle Summer Bike Fest, July 21-23,
has the potential to be Carlisle’s best ever! For the first time ever,
Carlisle brings you AMA-Sanctioned Pro-Am MOTOCROSS. Joining the
thousands of bikes on the show field will be a HUGE swap meet area,
special displays of unique motorcycles and noted industry celebrities
and guests from the world of motorcycles. This summer’s Bike Fest
delivers such events as a Sport Bike Tuner Competition, the
Mid-Atlantic Custom Builders Competition, a Ride-in show judged by Bike
& Rider Productions and the huge Harley-Davidson Dealer Merchandise
Mall. Thrill to the daring stunts of the Starboyz and witness the
skills at the AMA Sanctioned Trials competition. Listen to prominent
custom builders, including Dave Perewitz and Eddie Trotta , or attend a
seminar by racing great Eraldo Ferracci. Enter our two big motorcycle
giveaways, check out the dyno testing and dyno drags, and don’t
forget the burnout competition and beauty contest.
- AMA-Sanctioned Motocross – Ride or just come and watch Carlisle’s first-ever AMA-sanctioned Pro-Am motocross.
- Starboyz – Meet the stunt riders who have thrilled crowds all over the country, including Carlisle. These guys are the Kings of wheelies, stoppies and ‘don’t try these at home’ motorcycle stunts. Meet the newly-famous StarGirlz, fresh from their 2006 calendar shoot.
- Fast By Ferracci – World-famous Italian National Champion motorcycle racer, Eraldo Ferracci, has set drag racing records up and down the east coast. He has earned a reputation as a great designer and technician. Ferracci owns many titles and records in the sport. Meet him at Summer Bike Fest.
- Connie Cohen – Fastest woman on two wheels on the east coast will be on-hand with her all-new 2006 Buell NHRA Pro-Stock bike.
- Michele Smith of American Thunder – Michele will be on hand to meet fans as well as emcee industry roundtables and other activities at the event.
- Burn-out Exhibitions – SMOKE ‘EM IF YOU GOT ‘EM! You can be the entertainment for a few thousand smoke hungry fans at the Carlisle Summer Bike Fest. Bring a tire or order one in advance from one of our many dealers attending the event!
- Teresi Dyno Drags – Side-by-side dyno drags to be held at the Carlisle Bike Fest. Three runs for $20. Race your pals or make a statement!
- Giveaways – TWO Give-Aways this year!!
→ Harley-Davidson 2006 FXDBI Street BobTM Give-Away
→ Kawasaki – 2006 Ninja ZX® – 636TM Give-Away
- Custom Builders – Meet the industry’s best custom-builders and designers like Dave Perewitz, Donnie Smith, Eddie Trotta, Roger Bourget, Jerry Covington as they talk with fans, sign autographs and participate in informative seminars.
- Dale Coyner – Meet noted touring and tech author of Motorcycle Journeys Through the Appalachians and the AMA Ride Guide. Dale will present some of the best tips of Appalachian touring
- Kid’s Demo Rides – Velocity Cycles welcomes the opportunity to introduce the kids to motorcycles in a safe and entertaining format.
- Bike Shows – Invitation V-twin and Sport Bike Builder Show as well as a Ride-in Bike Show on Saturday of the event.
EXPERIENCE CARLISLE SUMER BIKE FEST – ADD ONE
- AMA Observed Trials – The art of riding a motorcycle amazingly slowly, sometimes not moving at all, making it over obstacles, all without putting your feet down. See the region’s best negotiate the testy Carlisle course.
- Fun, Fun, Fun – Join thousands of other bikes and a great show field in what always proves to be a fun and exciting weekend in Carlisle. The Bikes. The People. The Excitement.
Carlisle Events, host of 10 collector car, truck and motorcycle events each year, attracts more than half a million people to its 82-acre fairgrounds in Carlisle, Pa., each year. Included in the annual schedule are two huge automotive swap meets – in the spring and fall – and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, sport compacts and imports. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the “Cars at Carlisle” shows attract automotive enthusiasts from around the world.