Windham Wins for Merge RacingTuesday, February 19, 2008 | 2:48 PM
In this article…
In front of 49,986 almost hometown fans, Torco Racing Fuel's Kevin Windham captured his first win since 2005 at the Monster Energy Houston SX. It was an emotional win for the native of nearby Mississippi as he grabbed the lead early on and rode 20 laps of perfection on his Honda CRF450.
Kevin was helped by his Merge Racing Adjustable Leak Jet (ALJ) to tame the track, the ALJ no doubt gave him crisp throttle response, no bogging of any sort and the ability to adjust for the rainstorms that hit the area.
Nick Wey of the MDK/KTM team was also using the ALJ on his KTM 450SX to get a ninth place finish.
While KW was showing everybody the benefits of the ALJ, the Merge crew was at the Indianapolis Dealer show concentrating on launching our four new products that you can check out at mergeracing.com <http://mergeracing.com/>
All of us at Merge Racing Technologies would like to sincerely congratulate Torco Racing Fuel's Kevin Windham on his win at Houston SX.
1. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda
2. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Yamaha
3. Tim Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki
4. Josh Hill, Yoncalla, Calif., Yamaha
5. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda
6. Nathan Ramsey, Menifee, Calif., Yamaha
7. Charles Summey, Huntersville, N.C., Yamaha
8. Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., Honda
9. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., KTM
10. David Vuillemin, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki
Steve Matthes 805-377-2781